Taylor, Roger (CDC)
Lange, James (CDC)
Lee, Tommy (CDC)
Collins, Carlyn (CDC)
Software / Apps
- In vitro data available
- In situ data available (on-site)
Micro-Screen is a CDC developed software program designed to capture images and archive and display a compiled image(s) from a portion of a microscope slide in real time. This program allows for the re-creation of larger images that are constructed from individual microscopic fields captured in up to five focal planes and two magnifications. This program may be especially useful for the creation of data archives for diagnostic and teaching purposes and for tracking histological changes during disease progression.
- Medical/cytology training, education and certification
- All aspects of applied microscopy/histology, microbial smears, hematology, parasitology, etc.
- Clinical diagnostics
- Basic and applied biology lab research
- Forensic analysis
- Readily adaptable to other microscopic disciplines
- Automated imaging and display provides increased cost efficiency and improves objectivity of analysis and testing
- Can be used to develop a database of standards or reference images for a variety of pathologies and/or applied microscopy concerns