Schiffbauer, William (CDC)
Occupational Safety and Health
- In situ data available (on-site)
This invention relates to a warning system designed to protect individuals working near hazardous machinery. The system consists of a proximity-warning transmitter mounted to hazardous machinery and a receiver, worn by a worker, capable of detecting the transmitter signal. This worker-safety system can incorporate visual alerts and audible alerts. It also allows automatic shutdown of machinery upon receiver activation and may be particularly useful in the mining industry.
- Auxiliary safety equipment for heavy machinery
- Occupational health and safety
- Mining worker safety
- Easy transmitter installation
- Signal can be adjusted for an audio or visual "warning zone alert" and a proximal "imminent danger zone alert"