Payment Center

ATTENTION FDA LICENSEES: The NIH Office of Technology Transfer is no longer accepting royalty payments on behalf of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)

As of October 1, 2016, the FDA Technology Transfer Program is managing its own patent and license portfolio and will no longer be affiliated with the NIH Office of Technology Transfer. In view of this change, all reporting obligations or future royalty payments will need to be directed to the FDA. For guidance, refer to the Royalty Payment Options document for FDA license(s). In addition, all future Agreement notices and reports will need to be sent to the FDA. Please email these notices and reports to


IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to reference the appropriate OTT license agreement number (L-000-0000) on all payments. This will ensure prompt and accurate credit of your royalty payment to your license agreement. Also include information with your payment stating how the payment should be applied. For example: 2005 Minimum Annual Royalty, Execution Fee, Earned Royalties for (MM/DD/YYY to MM/DD/YYYY).

The NIH now accepts DEBIT or CREDIT CARD payments for royalties.  Go to the U.S. Treasury Web Site located at: Enter “NIH” in the search function to locate the “NIH Royalty Payments” form. Transactions are limited to $24,999. You may not split payments using the same credit card if the total will be over the limit, even if partial payments are made on different days. However, you can use a different credit card for each partial payment. There is no transaction limit on the use of Debit Cards, except for the funds available in your account.

Credit and Debit Cards Accepted by

  • American Express
  • Discover and cards showing Discover Logo including
    • JCB
    • Union Pay
    • Some Diners Club cards
  • MasterCard
  • Visa
  • Debit Cards showing the MasterCard or Visa logo


Paying from a U.S. Bank Account can be used to make secure electronic payments to Federal
Government Agencies and is the preferred method of payment for NIH.

Please note that ACH Payments can only be submitted through


Paying from a NON-U.S. Bank Account


Submitting Sales Reports


NIH Royalties W-9 Form