Alex Renn (NCATS)
Anton Simeonov (NCATS)
Matthew Hall (NCATS)
Ying Fu (NCATS)
NCATS has developed a highly diverse synthetic library that will allow for the rapid identification of novel nanobodies that bind to a wide arrange of target antigens. The humanized framework used to construct the library will facilitate the transition of lead candidates into patient studies. Several highly potent SARS-CoV-2 nanobodies (antibodies) have been identified and are available for further development.
NCATS is actively seeking licensing for the 1) a synthetic library and 2) the potent neutralizing antibodies with activity against SARS-CoV-2.
- Phage panning/Screening the nanobody library to discover novel binders
- Optimization of SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies
- Highly diverse synthetic library.
- Animal free nanobody discovery.
- Faster turnaround time than antibody discovery requiring animal immunization.
- Humanized framework region helps fast track therapeutics into patient trials.