Hazardous airborne particles pose a risk for health and safety in a variety of environments and thus detection of these small particles is essential. Current particle magnification systems are bulky and require a lot of power for operation, making them unsuitable to easily detect and analyze small particles in mobile and personal settings.
CDC/NIOSH scientists have developed a space-saving miniature instrumentation and methods for the direct sampling and analysis of small particles (diameter
- Condensation particle detectors
- Particle size magnification systems
- Microfluidic devices for sampling, detection, and growth of hazardous particles
- Offers overall reduction of measurement time
- Requires minimal power to operate
- Mobile, wearable
- Space-saving miniature systems as small as 1" x 1" x 3"